Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Rest in Him!!

We have Per Arne Gerde from Norway for this week and he is teaching us on the Attributes of God. What he taught today spoke to all of us strongly. It was like a opening of my eyes even after my eyes were open.
One of the things that he taught us was how resting in God did not mean that we get worn out and then we take a break, rather it is enjoying the gifts that we have recieved from God. I had always struggled to understand this but today as Per Arne spoke the light of the Holy Spirit just shone my brain into understanding.
Praise God for His rest!! Praise God for Per Arne who has taken time off from his schedule to invest into our lives!!
Everyday as I sit in our classroom. listening intently to our professor for the day, I feel more and more privileged and in gratitude to God for his multitude of mercy that he has bestowed upon me and indebted to all, not just professors but spiritual fathers and mothers who are investing so much into their lives. My heartfelt prayer to God is that they be proud and more than content of not having spent that time in vain over me but that I take on the baton from their hands and take it much further in the purpose of God.

"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." Habbakuk 2:14

No comments: