Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Keep ploughing for your own good!!

“Sow with a view to righteousness, Reap in accordance with kindness; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the LORD Until He comes to rain righteousness on you.” Hosea 10:12

In His judgment against Israel, God declares that,

“I will come over her fair neck with a yoke.” Hosea 10:11

And yet, this yoke might prove a blessing to Israel because, in the very next verse God instructs Israel in His way. If Israel returns to the ways of the righteous, she will reap according to God’s hesed. If she determines to seek the Lord in utter loyalty, he will come and rain righteousness on her.
The key here is sowing continually, breaking up the fallow ground. This breaking up is not a day’s work; it is a work involving time, energy and determination. God has been speaking to me regarding this very strongly for some time. If I want to his righteousness to rain upon this land, upon my land, I need to ‘break my fallow ground’. The interesting thing is that it is not for his benefit but for my training and my growth that I need to do it because as a result of this continual ploughing, I will set aside all my plans and my agendas and depend on Him for everything. And with that, who can stop me from advancing His Kingdom?

“Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually. Remember His wonders which He has done, His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth, O seed of Abraham, His servant, O sons of Jacob, His chosen ones!” Psalms 105:4-6

1 comment:

Gavin White said...

Sowing Continually is definetly a key in all areas of sowing - good post