Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Incredible Adventure of St. Patrick's Day.

It was around 9 pm. I was cozily curled under my blanket enjoying the romantic spy adventure of ‘Charlotte Grey’, when Cameron, Reuben, and Tim knocked at my door with an adventurous proposal. They had a bottle with them and this bottle was to be the prime instrument of our expedition. We were to take that bottle to the cross roads and spin it. Then, we were to go into the direction it pointed to until we found a pub in honour of St. Patrick.
My brain cells raced into action weighing the pros and cons of this proposal. Should I brave the cold or should I content myself with the wonderful story of Charlotte and Julian? Should I brave the pub where I usually never drink and end up hating the stinking smoke or should I stay in the warm house and have a early night? What should I do and as if the powers that be had already made a decision, against all odds, I consented immediately. The only other person with the same amount of mettle proved to be Amy Cole from 39, Llanishen Street.
So, there we were, five of us, outside Heath Pub at the cross roads and I was given the honour of spinning the bottle. It pointed towards Crwys Road and there we went. And might I say we met up with a pretty good pub which wasn’t crowded at all. We actually got pretty good seats too. And there, we spent most part of the evening chatting about St. Patrick, graduation, the ‘innumerable Steves in Canada’ story by Cameron and much more. Later in the evening, we were also joined by the Mr. Nathan Caughey who was an incredible boost to our crew.
Our adventure ended with a trip to a great kebab shop and a good walk back home, after which I listened to ‘The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes’ while I had my delicious chicken burger.
So that was the end of our adventure and I went to sleep at 2:30 am with a content heart of having achieved something substantial for posterity and having, after all these days, at last had a midnight snack.

No comments: