Thursday, September 14, 2006

PSALM 18…PREACHING…IN CHRIST…

He brought me forth also into a broad place;
He rescued me, because He delighted in me.
Psalm 18:19

I have been meditating on Psalm 18 since a long time now. Every verse that has been composed by the psalmist and inspired by the Holy Spirit speaks tons to our everyday life.
Just few days ago, I was to preach at our church. I got a bit uncertain on the previous night. And on the morning of the preaching, I got literally physically ill due to the same nerves. But at that time, again Psalm 18 was a rescue in the midst of this calamity. I read Psalm 18:19 and asked God to bring me in to a broad place. Another version says You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. I kept asking God that he would broaden my path that day and indeed, faithful as he is, he did broaden my path.
In spite of the power cut, people were actually listening in the very warm [I should rather say ‘boiling’] day!
And many of them did say they were blessed by it.
What I had preached on was that, the fact that we are ‘in Christ’ should be an energizer for us to live out our Kingdom life with greater excellence and diligence everyday. My life is real life but if no one can see any life in me, it is useless. Therefore, I was encouraging the congregation that because we are in Christ, we can do amazing feats for the Kingdom, because we are in Christ, we can wake up in the morning without cursing the coming day, because we are in Christ we can be a source of encouragement and zeal for the rest of our colleagues at work.
The fact that the Maker of Heaven and Earth has business on earth, makes me want to run to Him and never lose a chance of being able to dwell in communion with Him. It is important that we know, God isn’t in the business of pursuing us and pleading us to be of support to Him, rather we should be the ones pursuing the Sovereign Lord of this Universe with all our might so that on that last day we enter his eternal glory filled with the joy of His Son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna - great to hear how many opportunities you are having for ministering the Word. Although I don't believe God wants us to be physically sick before preaching, a little "nerves" at the thought of what we are doing seems appropriate. Peter tells us we should speak as if we were speaking the very oracles of God!

Every time you testify to the way God is using you in teaching his Word makes me give thanks to God for being able to have been one of the teachers at School of the Word last year!

Anna Sacha said...

ofcourse matthew, couldnt have done without you and without your notes which have been such a help in teaching my subject.
and oh yeah....i hope you dont mind me quoting you many times...i do tell them that Matthew Ling [have to always introduce you as Tony's son and everyone gets writing!] said this.