Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Yet another journey...


I have just begun 'Pilgrim's Progress' by John Bunyan, and already have come across some beautiful and meaningful lines. So here's a taste for you and I warn you there might be many more on the way. Bunyan is pondering on his adventurous venture and what it may turn out to be:

Dark clouds bring waters, when the bright bring none.
Yea, dark or bright, if they their silver drops
Cause to descend, the earth, by yielding crops,
Gives praise to both, and carpeth not at either,
But treasures up the fruit they yield together;
Yea, so commixes both, that in their fruit
None can distinguish this from that; they suit
Her well when hungry; but if she be full,
She spews out both, and makes their blessing null.


- Pilgrim's Progress, John Bunyan, http://www.ccel.org/ccel/bunyan/pilgrim.iv.html

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Mmmm!
(you have to picture the fact that I am smiling and scratching my chin in a pleased and thoughtful way whilst saying 'Mmmm)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna, I went to study entrepreneurship in Ahmedabad. I studied at EDI India (Entrepreneurship Development Institute) on the A'bad- Gandhinagar Highway, near Apllo hospital...past Indira bridge and A'bad airport.
In A'bad I used to attend NLF in Khanpur...tough it was a really long ride to church...but I became really close to those folks and miss them a lot.
Miss visiting Starbazaar and FR on the SG highway...and also all the weekend english films at the multiplex's. Favourite gujarati word i learnt...jalsa!
I remember meeting Dr. Chawda once at A'bad airport...though I did not get much time to talk with him.
Love and Grace,
RCD(Phil121)