Monday, January 23, 2006

Its water baptism this time!!

This month, all of us at the School of the Work, oops! Word grappled with the statement 'It is not possible to live the new life of a Christian until the old life has been buried through baptism'.
And at last with one day to go, I am done with it.
It is quite an experience to go through the whole process of conceiving ideas, receiving revelation, studying the Word, studying other words and then at last, after lots of huffing and puffing, seeing the body of work come into existence gradually.
This includes the joys of opening a random book and immediately coming across a superb quote as well as the immense pain of deleting the same quote due to the word limit.
Many a night, when I was beyond the point of sleep, the music of Gladiator almost running through my veins by now, my mind trying to grasp the mysteries of water baptism, the profound nature of this very experience occured to me. Anyone who has ever tried in earnest to understand something will concur with my thoughts. It is not just the fact that you understand what you didnt understand before, or that you know more than you knew before, but it is just the experience that somehow coaxes you into maturity. It is not always a bed of roses. There are some definite highs and some definite lows, lows being more than the highs many times, but even through all that there is a growing that leaves you content, satisfied and more so fulfilled.
So here I am, a better, more mature, more determined person as a result of my Water baptism essay[thanks to richard, our inextricably un'kuki professor]. And as proof of that, I pledge to post more regularly now.

No comments: