Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Cheers to the Christian Book Shop!!

I went to the Christian Book Shop on Whitchurch Road today and I should say it was an exciting experience especially to look at all those second hand books. In fact, I couldnt resist and got three books and one audio cd only for 8 pounds. Now isnt that great? And really interesting books.
One of them is exclusively on 'The Tabernacle' explaining in detail all its intricacies. Another one that I got for only 10p is the concise biographies of five major evangelical leaders[John Stott, Martyn Lioyd-Jones, Francis Schaeffer, James Packer, Billy Graham] of this time. The third one is dedicated to illuminate how the whole Bible highlights Christ and his person[I am really looking forward to read this one]. The fourth one is dedicated to the classic hymn writers of old and their life stories and the audio cd is a collection of trimphant hymns of Christ and his work.
Therefore, with a content heart of having satisfied my appetite for a few days, I went back home a happy girl. [btw listening to the cd now and really loving it. There is a certain quality that these hymns carry in themselves, maybe the adoring hearts of the composers, that just causes you to bow down and adore the majesty of our King]

No comments: