Monday, January 23, 2006

Great attitude!

St Augustine at the beginning of his 'Confessions' offers a very simple yet a very profound prayer to God. I believe this attitude is the key to learn more and more and grow up strong in Christ.

“Grant me, O Lord, to know and understand whether first to invoke thee or to praise thee; whether first to know thee or call upon thee. But who can invoke thee, knowing thee not?... Now, "they shall praise the Lord who seek him,"3 for "those who seek shall find him,"4 and, finding him, shall praise him. I will seek thee, O Lord, and call upon thee. I call upon thee, O Lord, in my faith which thou hast given me, which thou hast inspired in me through the humanity of thy Son,.. 5”[1]

[1] St Augustine, “Confessions”, http://www.albatrus.org/english/potpourri/historical/augustine_confessions_book_01.htm.

No comments: