Monday, January 01, 2007

Do I stand or do I still want someone's shoulder?

Today I learnt an old lesson again.
If I go on wanting to turn to someone for help and comfort every time anything gets out of sync in my life, oblivious of the person's intentions, it will leave me crippled for life.
I think at some point in life, a believer in Christ needs to stand up and be the strong man or woman of God that he or she is meant to be. Our brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ are definitely here to encourage and comfort us in our time of need but that doesnt mean they become our comfort zone or our convenient counsellors whom we live upon and many a times drain mentally rather than encouraging them in return.
Today, I was reminded I am a woman of God again...just as the angel addressed Gideon...God saw his potential not what physical eyes showed Him.
I urge all reading this post...Become who you are called to be. Dont shrink back from standing up and going through the fire and through the water because God has promised He will be with us and will guide through all trial in triumph. Let this new year be an year of faith, strength and triumph!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. May you have a very prosperous 2007!!!!! Lots of Love to you! - Joelyn

Cameron said...

As always, a fantastic post. Thanks for the insights.
Happiest of New Years wishes to you!

Kendra said...

Wonderful post Anna! It has definitely spoken to me and encouraged me more than you know. Miss you lots and love you!!