Friday, August 04, 2006

The defiance of a Godly woman...



Recently, in the midst of piles of books [I am trying to organize our library], I came across one of the earlier publications of ‘Tortured For Christ’ by Richard Wurmbrand.
In the first chapter of the book, Wurmbrand talks of the first congress that the Communists convened of all the Christian bodies in the Romanian Parliament Building, around four thousand priests and pastors, after they came to power.
All the Christians praised the Communists, equating Christianity and Communism and highlighting them as fundamentally being the same. At this juncture, Wurmbrand states, I quote from the book,

My wife and I were present at this congress. My wife sat near me and told me; “Richard, stand up and wash away this shame from the face of Christ! They are spitting in His face.” I said to my wife, “If I do so, you lose your husband.” She said, “I don’t wish to have a coward as a husband.”

Even now as I read the words of this Godly woman, my being is overwhelmed with the strength of her conviction and strenuous faith.
What a privilege that I am part of the legacy left behind by such a woman!
May it be that I am worthy enough to take this legacy to its next level!

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Wow...

What a quote. I bet that the whole book is quite an inspiring yet heavy read!
Cam

Anonymous said...

GAJAB, thats all i can say