Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Put on all of God's armour...

As I was preparing for my two-hour lecture on Friday, I was browsing through some electronic database and Ephesians, in that, had the above subtitle.
Suddenly, something clicked within me and I realised that when God asks us to put of the full armour he means the full armour, not just the helmet for the supposedly easy battles and the full armour left only for the ones we consider tough but a child of God is ready for any attack at any point of time therefore, we put on the full armour of God at all times.
And, it is this readiness and expectation [we are receiving related teaching on Acts in from our apostle so I might just add that I have been inspired on this] that causes the heavenlies to open for us and manifest a transition from the natural to the supernatural for us. Praise God that we live a naturally supernatural life of readiness and expectation. Praise God that Pentecost is continuing till date!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Constant readiness is a challenge. Much more demanding on us than constant relaxation. Great thoughts, I trust your two-hour lecture was full of great stuff like this!