Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dont lose focus


Lately God has been leading me to read 1 Samuel and as I have been going through the familiar lives of Saul and David, today, God taught me one more thing which is also something all of us know for sure but sometimes just seem to forget.

Though Saul was out hunting for David, David never lost focus of the fact that God had called and appointed him and he was not there to fight for power or position. Rather than fighting with Saul, he focused on fighting the enemies. He knew what he was against, he didnt have his enemies confused. Sometimes, I have experienced that I seem to lose focus of who I am up against and that creates a lot of confusion causing me stagnate. But more importantly at such times I also lose focus of the one purpose and person to whom I have been predestined and called but thank God that he continually exhorts us to fix our eyes on the author and perfecter of our faith. And once our focus is right everything starts to fall into the right place.

So thats it for today....dont lose your focus

No comments: